Selecting a family law firm with an attorney who can provide up-to-date legal advice and the services you need to seek support for your child, or to negotiate reasonable child support payments, is certain to have a long-term effect on your child’s life and opportunities, as well as the quality of your life.
Child support is typically based upon each parent’s income and well as the amount of parenting time they each have, among other factors. Minnesota has a child support calculator that many parents use to determine financial responsibility for their children. The child support calculator can be found through the Minnesota Department of Human Resources.
Questions to explore
- What living arrangements do you have or hope to achieve?
- Are there any special health or other issues that need attention?
- Do you need to consider the cost of private school tuition?
- If geographic distance separates you and your child, how do you want to manage and pay for transportation?
- Are there financial factors that will affect the lifestyle that the child has experienced until now?
- What are the outcomes you desire?
- What do you expect from the other parent?
Roben Law, PLLC offers you:
- Financial Understanding – Roben Law, PLLC is familiar and knowledgeable with the finer points of calculating child support and child support payments and alternative options to standard guideline child support.
- Personal attention – From a family law attorney who understands that financial decisions related to child support should be designed to meet the unique needs of you and your children.
- Practical solutions – Realistic expectations and financial arrangements tailored to your current situation.